This unbiased, in-depth review features the best organic mattress toppers our team of Sleeping Ninjas could find on the market. Disclosure: Sleeping Ninjas has an affiliate relationship with some companies where we get a small percentage of sales if you click over from our site.
Buying a brand-new mattress certainly isn’t an inexpensive purchase. Especially if you prefer your products to be organic. A brand-new, all-organic mattress can cost several thousand dollars – that can definitely be pretty hard on the average wallet!
But, if you’ve found that your mattress is wearing down, or it just isn’t as comfortable as you had expected, there is still hope! Several companies make all-organic mattress toppers that allow you to maintain your all-organic commitment, enhance your old mattress, and keep your bank account from shriveling up.
We’ve compiled a complete buyer’s guide to what we think are 6 of the very best organic mattress toppers on the market.
Best Organic Mattress Toppers
Here’s a sneak peek at our list of the best organic mattress toppers and pads:
- Avocado Green Natural Latex Mattress Topper
- Happsy Organic Mattress Topper
- Keetsa Soft Natural Latex Comfort Layer
- Naturepedic Arpeggio 3” Organic Shredded Latex Topper
- Plushbeds Natural Latex Topper
- Organic Textiles Organic Cotton Mattress Pad
Avocado Green Natural Latex Mattress Topper
Up first in our search for the best organic mattress topper is the Avocado Green natural latex mattress topper. The Avocado Green topper is an ultra-luxurious option that combines natural latex rubber, Joma New Zealand wool, and certified all-organic cotton.
The latex featured in the Avocado Green topper is made completely from sustainable sources, lending it eco-friendly and 100% free from any toxic or synthetic materials. It’s designed to provide renowned joint cradling, pressure relief, and all-over comfort.
The Joma wool layer is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certified and works to wick away sweat and moisture quickly, efficiently, and naturally. It also serves as an all-natural fire barrier which eliminates the needs for harsh chemical flame retardants. It works in conjunction with the latex to provide all-natural temperature control and is naturally antimicrobial and dust mite resistant.
Avocado Green then wraps their toppers in a certified organic cotton cover. Avocado Green brags that this material is the softest, most breathable, and most comfortable available on the market. It works with the latex and wool to wick away heat and sweat to keep you cool and comfortable. Their cotton also meets the most stringent GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certification.
- The Avocado Green topper is available in plush or firm to help meet your individual needs
- The Avocado Green company offers financing through Affirm
- Each Avocado Green mattress topper is proudly made in the USA
- The company offers free shipping and free returns
- You purchase is protected by a 10-year limited warranty through the company
- The cotton cover is removable, but it doesn’t seem that it is washable
- Some customers complain that the topper does not secure well to their mattress
- Some consumers have had difficulties with delivery – taking upwards of 4 weeks to actually receive their product
- Twin -$349
- Twin XL – $349
- Full – $349
- Queen – $449
- King – $549
- California King – $549
We think the Avocado Green latex mattress topper is a great option in our search for the best organic mattress topper. Every material used in the product is completely natural and all-organic, guaranteeing that you’re getting the healthiest and most comfortable sleep possible. The price is pretty fair and the company even offers a pretty great warranty.
Happsy Organic Mattress Topper
The Happsy company has set out to create a mattress topper that’s a healthier alternative to conventional foam toppers – for both you and the environment. That’s why they’ve made our list of the best organic mattress toppers with their Happsy organic mattress topper. Their topper is designed to be used with any mattress to add extra comfort, pressure relief, and an ultra-plush, pillow-like feel.
The Happsy topper features 2 inches of certified organic, locally handcrafted latex. This material is specifically designed to mold to every individual body for top-notch comfort and relief. The 2” core is then wrapped in an all-organic cotton fabric cover – lending the surface a touchable soft feel against the skin.
- Happsy offers a 10-year limited warranty on their topper
- The company offers free shipping and free returns
- The Happsy topper has nearly half a dozen certifications and the company is involved in many programs to give back to the world
- Some users have noticed that the topper doesn’t fit their mattress properly
- The included cotton cover is not removable and can only be spot cleaned
- Some customers have noticed a bit of an unpleasant odor upon opening the topper package
- Twin -$249
- Twin XL – $279
- Full – $349
- Queen – $399
- King – $499
- California King – $499
When it comes to the best organic mattress topper on the market, we certainly think the Happsy is a pretty great contender. This option provides users with all the best qualities of latex, guarantees a happier and healthier sleeping experience, and the company offers an outstanding warranty.
Keetsa Soft Natural Latex Comfort Layer
Up next in our search for the best organic mattress topper is the Keetsa Soft natural latex comfort layer. This topper is designed to completely rejuvenate any mattress and is perfect for sleeping on your side or stomach.
The Keetsa Comfort Layer features 3 inches of all-natural, supportive latex. It’s designed to mold to the body and relieve common pressure points much like memory foam. But, the Keetsa Comfort Layer utilizes the added benefits and durability of natural latex – guaranteeing that their topper is more plush, comfortable, and resilient.
Keetsa then wraps their Comfort Layer in an organic, 100% all-natural cotton cover. This cover is specifically designed to add breathability and provide a super-soft to the touch feel. The cotton used in their cover is OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certified as well as Eco-Institut Certified.
- Keetsa offers free shipping in the continental US and most areas of Canada
- You can contact the Keetsa company to arrange for expedited shipping or other delivery arrangements
- The Keeta Comfort Layer provides all the benefits of natural latex and organic cotton without the commitment to a latex or all-organic mattress
- Keetsa offers a 90-day return period
- Standard free shipping can take 7-10 business days
- Keetsa does require that you use the Comfort Layer for at last 30 days before you request a return
- Some reviewers have complained that the Comfort Layer sags if your existing mattress already has a sag in it
- Twin -$258
- Full – $338
- Queen – $378
- King – $448
- California King – $448
When it comes to finding the best organic mattress topper, we think the Keetsa Comfort Layer is a great option. It’s fairly affordable for such a high-quality topper, keeps your supported and comfortable, and allows you to reap the benefits of latex without the commitment or purchase of a brand-new, all-latex mattress.
Naturepedic Arpeggio 3” Organic Shredded Latex Topper
The Naturepedic Arpeggio made our list of the best organic mattress toppers because this product has nothing but pure luxury in mind. This topper is designed to add an extra layer of plush comfort to your existing mattress with all organic materials.
The Naturepedic topper is filled with 3 inches of all-natural, organic shredded latex that perfectly cradles around your body and provides top-notch comfort. The layer of latex is then wrapped in super-soft to the touch organic cotton. The combination of both organic materials allows for a safe, healthy, and ultra-comfortable addition to your bed.
- The Naturepedic company offers financing on their products through Affirm
- Your Naturepedic purchase comes with a 30-day money back guarantee
- The Arpeggio is designed to provide sleepers with a “nesting” feel
- The Naturepedic Arpeggio topper is the most expensive option on our list – coming in at more than many brand-new mattresses
- We were unable to verify if the cover was removable or washable
- It is not advised that you use the Arpeggio mattress topper as a stand-alone sleeping surface
- Twin -$749
- Twin XL – $799
- Full – $899
- Queen – $999
- King – $1299
- California King – $1299
If you’re willing to splurge on the best organic mattress topper, then the Naturepedic Arpeggio may be a great option for you. It offers plush comfort and a nesting-like feel, but it is certainly the most expensive option in our review.
Plushbeds Natural Latex Topper
Up next in our search for the best organic mattress topper is the Plushbeds natural latex topper. Plushbeds has designed this topper to provide their customers with all the benefits and luxuries of all-natural latex, without the ginormous cost that usually comes with purchasing a brand-new latex mattress.
Plushbeds constructs their mattress topper with 100% all-natural Talalay latex – meaning it’s completely pure with absolutely no synthetic or toxic additives. Their high-quality latex is designed with a unique airflow design that increases the overall breathability of the topper to help keep you cool and also works to distribute body weight evenly. This ensures that the topper relieves common pressure points and provides gentle support around your shoulder, hips, back, and knees.
The Plushbeds topper is a fantastic option for asthma and allergy sufferers, as the latex material is naturally antimicrobial, hypoallergenic, and dust mite and mildew resistant. Plushbeds also allows you to adjust the height and firmness of the topper as well as add an additional organic cotton cover that’s removable and hand-washable.
- Each Plushbeds latex topper is proudly crafted in the USA
- Because Plushbeds only uses pure, 100% natural latex, there is no off-gassing odor in their mattress topper
- Plushbeds compression rolls their topper rather than the common vacuum sealing process, which allows their topper to decompress quickly
- The avoidance of any synthetic materials increases the durability of the topper and ensures that it won’t sag, discolor, or break down and will always quickly rebound to its original shape
- Each upgrade, such as a thicker topper, a firmness adjustment, or the addition of the organic cotton cover raises the price of the Plushbeds topper significantly
- The Plushbeds topper is non-refundable
- The cotton cover is removable, but it’s not recommended that you machine wash it
- The extra cotton cover only covers the topper and does not help to hold the product in place on your mattress
- Twin -$219
- Twin XL – $249
- Full – $309
- Queen – $339
- King – $379
- California King – $389
If you’re searching for the best organic mattress topper that will add additional comfort and thickness to your original mattress, then the Plushbeds latex mattress topper is a fantastic option. It increases comfort and support with 100% all-natural latex. But, it is worth noting that the addition of any benefits or amenities stacks the price up rather quickly.
Organic Textiles Organic Cotton Mattress Pad
The last option in our search for the best organic mattress topper is the Organic Textiles organic cotton mattress pad. The Organic Textiles company specializes in all-organic and all-natural bedding products. They believe that the organic approach offers consumers a healthier and better-quality life.
The Organic Textiles mattress pad is constructed of 100% GOTS certified organic cotton – meaning the topper is not only luxuriously comfortable but completely free of any toxic chemical synthetic additives. This topper features 100% organic cotton fabric in the top layer, 100% organic cotton fiber filling, and a 100% organic cotton backing. Literally, all you’re getting it high-quality cotton.
This particular topper is designed to provide a touch of extra softness without a bunch of unnecessary thickness. The “polyester feel” of the pad allows you to stay completely cool and dry, absorbing sweat, moisture, and spills quickly and efficiently. The entire pad is also completely washable.
The Organic Textiles organic cotton mattress pad is designed to be durable, features a 17-inch deep fitted drop to fit high profile mattresses, and promises to increase the overall lifespan of your original mattress below.
- The entire pad is safe to be machine washed and dried
- The Organic Textiles mattress pad is made with 25-50% higher filling than most other pads on the market – making it more comfortable and durable
- The pad is designed to quickly absorb sweat and spills – keeping you dry and protecting your original mattress
- The pad features up to 17 inches of elastic banding – allowing it to fit taller mattresses
- The Organic Textiles pad is designed to keep you comfortable and cool
- Some consumers complain that the pads don’t fit their mattress well even after washing and drying
- The side webbing of the topper is thin and weak, leaving it susceptible to easily tearing
- A handful of reviewers wish that the pad was a bit thicker/plusher
- This topper is not designed to provide any additional support or firmness
- Twin -$189.95
- Twin XL – $199.95
- Full – $279.95
- Queen – $319.99
- King – $329.95
- California King – $329.99
If you’re searching for the best organic mattress topper that won’t fluff up your existing mattress with unnecessary thickness, but will add an extra touch of softness while keeping your mattress protected and keeping you cool, then the Organic Textiles mattress pad is a great option for you.
What’s the Best Organic Mattress Topper For You?
Ultimately, any new mattress or mattress topper purchase comes down to personal preference. Only you can determine if a certain topper is soft enough, firm enough, plush enough, etc. But, when it comes to picking the best organic mattress topper for you, there are a few things to keep in mind that’ll help make the shopping process a little easier:
- When you choose to go organic, keep in mind that the price is a bit more expensive than other options – organic and all-natural materials are more expensive, raising the overall cost of the product
- Make sure you research all the options you’re considering to ensure that they truly are all-organic – sometimes labels and marketing tactics can be misleading
- Be sure you have a good idea on your firmness preference – a topper that’s too soft or too firm can make for a very uncomfortable night’s sleep
- It’s always a plus if the topper, or at least components of the topper, can be washed – it helps keep the topper and the original mattress more sanitary and protected
We’ve done our best to include all the important details of the 6 toppers we’ve covered in this review to help you pick the very best organic mattress topper for you and your family.