This unbiased, in-depth review features the best pillows for stomach sleepers our team of Sleeping Ninjas could find on the market. Disclosure: Sleeping Ninjas has an affiliate relationship with some companies where we get a small percentage of sales if you click over from our site.
On your stomach is perhaps the most popular sleeping position around. Let’s face it, it’s just comfortable, right?! But, oftentimes, it absolutely wreaks havoc on your neck and back the next morning. We usually know that it’s our sleeping position that’s causing most of our discomfort, but no matter what you seem to do, you always seem to end up on your belly.
What we may not realize, is that a lot of the discomfort and pain we feel after waking up from a night’s sleep on our stomach is most likely the result of an improper pillow rather than the actual sleeping position itself. Meaning if we find the right pillow, then we can hold on to our beloved belly sleeps without all the pain and stiffness the next morning!
Here, we’ve compiled a complete guide to help you do just that – find the very best pillow for stomach sleepers. Let’s dive right in!
The 7 Best Pillows for Stomach Sleepers
Here’s a quick look at the best pillows for stomach sleepers we cover in this review:
- Belly Sleep Gel Infused Memory Foam Pillow
- Blue Wave Bedding Ultra-Slim Gel Infused Memory Foam Pillow
- Hankey Orthopedic Memory Foam Cervical Pillow
- Brijo Best Bamboo Pillow
- SleepHi Collection # 1 Microfiber Pillow
- Elite Rest Ultra-Slim Sleeper Memory Foam Pillow
- The Pancake Pillow
Belly Sleep Gel Infused Memory Foam Pillow
First up on our list of the best pillows for stomach sleepers is the Belly Sleep Gel Infused Memory Foam Pillow. This pillow is designed with an ultra-thin profile to support your spine’s natural position and reduce strain and tension on the neck and shoulders.
The Belly Sleep pillow is made with dense polyurethane foam that promises to perfectly cradle your head and neck through the night for optimal comfort and support. The pillow also features curved edges and an ergonomic design that helps to reduce neck rotation through the night and improves breathing.
To top things off, the Belly Sleep Pillow is designed to keep your head cool as well. The pillow itself is infused with gel particle cooling technology that’s designed to regulate your temperature through the night. It also features a removable, washable cover that guarantees to wick away any sweat or moisture quickly and effectively.
- The Belly Sleep company claims that their pillow is compatible with any sleeping position
- The Belly Sleep pillow is designed to keep you cool as well as comfortable and supported
- The included cover is machine washable and odor resistant to ensure your pillow always feels fresh
- There is not currently a king-size version available
- Because of the pillow’s low profile, a standard pillowcase is too large on it – But the Belly Sleep company is working to create a pillowcase specifically for this pillow
- Many consumers have reported a very strong and long-lasting odor
The Belly Sleep Pillow is a bit pricey but comes in about average for a specialty pillow at $59.99.
If you’re looking for the best pillow for stomach sleepers that’s ultra-thin and comfortable yet supportive, then we think the Belly Sleep Pillow is a great option for you.
Blue Wave Bedding Ultra-Slim Gel Infused Memory Foam Pillow
Up next in our definitive guide to the best pillow for stomach sleepers is the Blue Wave Bedding Ultra-Slim Memory Foam Pillow. The Blue Wave Bedding Pillow is a low-profile memory foam option designed specifically with stomach sleepers in mind. The pillow is somewhere between 2.5 and 2.75 inches thick and features a rounded side and a flat side.
The extra low profile of the pillow helps ensure that your head is as close to your mattress as possible to reduce unnecessary strain on the neck and shoulders while the memory foam material ensures that you’re still supported and comfortable. This design helps to achieve proper alignment through the neck and spine and greatly reduces discomforts from snoring, allergies, TMJ, migraines, etc.
The Blue Wave Bedding Pillow also sets itself apart by guaranteeing a cool sleep. Their high-grade memory foam is ventilated and gel-infused to help regulate temperature and reduce any heat build-up under the head. The company recommends this pillow primarily for stomach and back sleepers, those that tend to sleep with their arm tucked under their pillow or petite framed side sleepers.
- The Blue Wave Bedding company offers a 30-day risk-free return period
- The Blue Wave Bedding Ultra-Slim Pillow features a removable outer cover made from bamboo-derived rayon and polyester
- All materials used in the creation of the Blue Wave Bedding pillow are Certi-PUR US Certified
- Blue Wave uses a special formula to ensure that their pillow doesn’t have the stiffness that’s common with conventional memory foam
- The Blue Wave Bedding Pillow does have a noticeable odor from the fresh memory foam
- Some users have complained that the pillow is just too dense and heavy and is not comfortable
- The pillow gets thinner towards the outer edges, which can cause discomfort if you shift to the edge of the pillow throughout the night
The Blue Wave Bedding Pillow is available in two different sizes – the Super-Slim comes in at $37.95 and the Ultra-Slim at $47.95.
If you’re looking for a super firm, yet thin memory foam pillow that you can comfortably tuck your arm underneath, then the Blue Wave Bedding pillow is probably the best pillow for stomach sleepers for you. But, if you’re looking for something with a little more plushness or loft, you may want to consider some of the other options we’ve included in our complete guide.
Hankey Orthopedic Memory Foam Cervical Pillow
The Hankey Orthopedic Memory Foam Cervical Pillow is perhaps the most unique option featured in our guide to the best pillow for stomach sleepers. The pillow itself is constructed out of high-quality memory foam that’s designed to perfectly conform to your head, neck, and shoulders – allowing for a comfortable and gently supported sleep. The special aspect of this product is the perfect arm placement feature.
The Hankey features cutouts around the edge that allow you to wrap your arms around the pillow for that most comfortable stomach sleeping position, without actually having to tuck your arms underneath the pillow which can disturb your alignment and cause areas of tension and strain. This extra feature truly sets this pillow apart from many of its competitors.
The high-density memory foam material allows the pillow to remain comfortable and supportive no matter your preferred sleeping position. So, if you’re one to primarily sleep on your bell, but you often find that you’ve rolled around quite a bit throughout the night, then the Hankey is the perfect option for you.
The Hankey pillow is hypoallergenic for a safer and healthier sleep and it’s reversible as well. One side features their breathable, moisture-wicking thermo-regulating technology to help keep you cool through warm summer nights. The other side of the pillow is equipped with extra-thick, super-soft fabric for those chilly nights when you’re looking for a bit of added coziness and warmth.
- The Hankey company backs their product with a 3-year comprehensive warranty
- The memory foam material used in the Hankey pillow is ultra-responsive with quick recovery time
- Users brag that the butterfly shape prevents their arms from going numb through the night when lying in that most comfortable position
- Hankey is supposed to be creating a specific cover for their pillow, but users have reported that a standard pillowcase works as well
- Several customers complain of a really terrible, lingering odor
- The pillow is a bit smaller than even standard-size
- Wile the pillow is marketed for both side and stomach sleepers, those that tend to roll onto their side have noticed that it’s not quite as comfortable in that position
The Hankey pillow comes with a pretty average price tag for such a specialty product – coming in at $40.88.
If you tend to sleep on your stomach with your arms tucked up under your pillow, then the Hankey pillow is probably the best pillow for stomach sleepers for you. The ergonomic butterfly shape allows you to tuck your arms in a comfortable position without throwing off your alignment or causing your arms to go numb.
But, be prepared for a pretty serious odor at first and don’t plan to spend a whole lot of time on your side or back.
Brijo Best Bamboo Pillow
The Brijo Best Bamboo Pillow made our list of the best pillow for stomach sleepers for quite a few reasons! The pillow itself is stuffed with high-quality shredded memory foam. This allows every individual piece of the material to mold and conform around your head and neck for the very best in comfort, support, and relief.
Your head can gently sink into the soft yet supportive material which allows the body to achieve proper alignment and reduce tension and strain no matter your preferred sleeping position. This top-notch design also helps to alleviate common sleeping issues such as snoring or other nighttime breathing issues – helping to achieve an overall better night’s rest.
The Brijo Best Pillow also features an ultra-breathable bamboo and microfiber cover. This cover is designed to increase airflow and help to wick away moisture to ensure that you’re never left with a sweaty bed head in the morning. The pillow is also hypoallergenic to help guarantee a safe and comfortable sleep.
- The Brijo Best Bamboo Pillow is backed by a hassle-free lifetime guarantee
- The Brijo Best is the most budget-friendly option on our list of the best pillow for stomach sleepers
- The shredded memory foam allows the material to breathe better and conform better under pressure
- The family-run Brijo company donates 10% of their profits to charity
- The Brijo Best Pillow only comes in standard
- The pillowcase can be removed and machine washed but the pillow itself should only be spot cleaned with a damp cloth
- Some customers have complained that the pillow is too thick and/or firm for their liking
The Brijo Best Bamboo Pillow is the most budget-friendly option in our guide to the best pillow for stomach sleepers, coming in at just $19.95.
We added the Brijo Best Bamboo Pillow to our list of the best pillows for stomach sleepers because it’s a high-quality and versatile product. The shredded memory foam allows each piece to conform to your head and neck and the bamboo cover helps to ensure that the pillow stays cool throughout the night.
But, we couldn’t ignore the fact that many users found the product to be too thick/firm, which can wreak havoc on your neck and spine if you tend to sleep on your stomach.
SleepHi Collection # 1 Microfiber Pillow
Up next in our search for the best pillow for stomach sleepers is the SleepHi Collection #1 Microfiber Pillow. The SleepHi pillow is a unique product, filled with hypoallergenic down-alternative materials, featuring a concave in the middle of the pillow to help ensure proper alignment and optimal comfort. The center of the pillow cradles the head gently while the sides are a bit fluffier to help keep your spine properly positioned when you lay on your back or stomach.
The SleepHi pillow is a fantastic option for those that primarily sleep on their stomach, occasionally roll onto their back, or tend to cuddle their pillow through the night, as the pillow is super-plush and soft. The design of the pillow helps to guarantee that you’re gently supported and achieving the best level of comfort possible with every movement throughout the night. The SleepHi company knows that virtually no one remains in the exact same position all night long and they want their pillow to remain comfortable no matter what.
- The SleepHi company has roots in the bedding industry since 1885
- Many customers claim that the pillow offers a medium-firm feel that’s perfect for both comfort and support
- Users brag that the pillow keeps its shape over time even with regular use
- Reviewers note that the pillow doesn’t require any adjusting through the night
- The SleepHi pillow is technically washable, but the company recommends that you have it dry cleaned
- The pillow is on the soft side and some users find that it doesn’t offer enough support
- The product does come is standard and king-size, but users of a petite frame have noticed that the pillow is too big/bulky for them
The SleepHi Collection #1 Pillow is available in standard size for $39.95 and king-size for $42.95, making it a fairly budget-friendly option on our search for the best pillow for stomach sleepers, considering the benefits it offers.
If you tend to sleep primarily on your back or stomach and you’re looking for a super-soft pillow that’s great for cuddling, then the SleepHi # 1 is a great option for the best pillow for stomach sleepers. But, it is worth noting that the pillow is not very firm and it’s not equipped for those that tend to roll onto their side throughout the night.
Elite Rest Ultra-Slim Sleeper Memory Foam Pillow
The Elite Rest Ultra-Slim Sleeper is probably the thinnest option on our list of the best pillows for stomach sleepers – making it a great option for those that always tend to land on their belly through the night.
The pillow is made with 2 inches of low-profile, high-quality memory foam. This pillow is guaranteed to offer you gentle support and comfort while keeping your head as close to your mattress as possible to reduce tension and strain on your neck. After all, the lower your head is when you lie on your stomach, the better your overall alignment.
The Elite Rest Ultra-Slim Sleeper features a half pillow design, with a normal pillow curve on one side and flat on the other. And if you tend to sleep on your stomach with one arm up under your pillow then it’s a fantastic choice for you. The high-quality memory foam is hypoallergenic, anti-microbial, and resistant to dust mites and bedbugs – making it as healthy and safe as it is comfortable.
- All returns on the Elite Rest Pillow are accepted according to return policies
- The memory foam construction of the pillow in combination with the low profile allows for a cradling sensation without all the bulk
- The pillow is designed to be compatible with stomach and back sleepers – making it a great option if you roll around a bit through the night
- This thinness level is not available in any other pillow through any big box stores
- The pillow is not washable and can only be spot cleaned with a damp cloth
- The low profile of the pillow means its not a great option for those that tend to roll on their side through the night – but some users have reported folding the pillow when they do roll onto their side
- While the Elite Super-Slim Sleeper is advertised as a memory foam pillow, customers have noted that the packaging and pillow covered are stamped with “Latex”
The Elite Super-Slim Sleeper comes in at a pretty fair price of $56.99 for a high-quality memory foam product.
If you’re looking for a pillow that doesn’t add virtually any loft, but rather just a comfortable surface to rest your head, then the Elite Super Slim Sleeper is one of the best options for you on our search for the best pillow for stomach sleepers. The Elite has the lowest height profile around and promises to add comfort and gentle support. But just keep in mind, this pillow is very thin and may not translate well to any other sleeping positions.
The Pancake Pillow
The Pancake Pillow brings up the end of our search for the best pillow for stomach sleepers. The makers of The Pancake Pillow have designed their product to fit the needs of virtually anyone, as the pillow is completely customizable.
The inside of the pillow features 6 super-soft, individual layers that stack up within the pillow’s cover much like a stack of fluffy pancakes – lending the pillow its unique name. Each layer is filled with premium hypoallergenic, down-alternative, microfiber stuffing. The layers are then wrapped in a super-soft, 300 thread count, 100% cotton cover for an ultra-smooth feel.
The cover features a convenient zipper on three sides that allows you to easily add or remove the individual layers of The Pancake Pillow. This means you can adjust the height of the pillow to fit your specific needs – you can even change it up every night if you’d like! The Pancake Pillow company also offers additional covers that you can purchase separately to use around the layers that you removed from your original pillow – meaning you can make two!
- Thanks to the customization of this product The Pancake Pillow is perfect for all sleeping positions
- The Pancake Pillow company offers a satisfaction guarantee
- Both the individual layers as well as the cotton cover are machine washable
- The Pancake Pillow features a zipper on three sides to allow for easy and hassle-free adjustments
- Some customers complain that the “pancakes” are too thin and don’t offer adequate support
- Reviewers have reported that the pillow performs well at first but loses its shape pretty quickly
- Consumers have noticed that the filling tends to get clumpy after prolonged use or a few washes
The Pancake Pillow is a bit on the expensive side – with their queen-size coming in at $79.99, their king at $99.99, and their queen-size two-pack at $149.99.
When it comes to finding the best pillow for stomach sleepers, we really think The Pancake Pillow is a great contender. This particular pillow is a bit expensive, but it offers a level of customization that most other options don’t. However, if you’re looking for a firm pillow that offers a lot of support, it may not be the best option for you.
What To Look For When Searching For The Best Pillow For Stomach Sleepers
- You’ll want the pillow to be fairly low-profile – most of the time, discomfort, and pain when sleeping on your stomach is a result of your head and neck being held too high by a too-thick pillow, which throws off your alignment
- Memory foam is a great option here – the material cradles your head and neck and adjusts under the pressure for the most comfortable feel
- A pillow that features cutouts for your arms is a big bonus – most commonly, we tuck our arms up under the pillow when lying on our stomach, specific areas designed for your arms will reduce discomfort in the neck and shoulders and helps to ensure you’re not throwing off your alignment
- You’ll want to look for a pillow that’s ultra-breathable – when lying on your stomach most of your face is down into the pillow, making you susceptible to extra sweating and heat retention
So, What’s the Best Pillow For Stomach Sleepers?
We think all of the pillows we’ve covered in our guide to the best pillow for stomach sleepers are pretty great. Otherwise, we wouldn’t recommend them to you! But, in the end, we do like to pick an overall winner. And in this particular review, we think that The Pancake Pillow takes the cake.
It’s the only pillow we’ve found that’s completely customizable, can be adjusted again and again, and still remains comfortable and supportive. Plus, you can purchase additional covers and make 2 or 3 Pancake Pillows out of one! All in all, we think it’s a pretty sweet pillow that will accommodate nearly anyone.