This unbiased, in-depth review features the best pregnancy pillows our team of female Sleeping Ninjas could find. (Yes, female ninjas have babies too.) Disclosure: Sleeping Ninjas has an affiliate relationship with some companies where we get a small percentage of sales if you click over from our site.
Pregnancy can be a beautiful, wonderful experience. You’re growing a child, after all! But, let’s face it, oftentimes it’s also full of its very own discomforts, annoyances, and difficulties. Many women are stuck with terrible morning sickness, your body is growing like its never grown before, and you’re experiencing aches and pains in places you didn’t even know were possible. It’s a lot of work to grow a human and your body oftentimes suffers the consequences.
With that being said, pregnancy is tough enough without adding insomnia and discomfort through the night to that list. To help you find a little extra relief through the night during your pregnancy, we’ve put together a complete buyer’s guide to 7 of the very best pregnancy pillows. Let’s dive right in!
The 7 Best Pregnancy Pillows Review
Here’s a quick look at the best pregnancy pillows we review below:
- PharMeDoc U-Shaped Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- PharMeDoc C-Shaped Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Meiz U-Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
- Leacho Snoogle Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
- Cozy Bump Pillow
- Hiccapop Pillow Wedge
PharMeDoc U-Shaped Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
We’ll kick off our guide to finding the best pregnancy pillow with the PharMeDoc U-Shaped Pillow. The PharMeDoc pregnancy pillow features a U-shape that’s 53” long, 31” wide and 7” thick. PharMeDoc feels like this is the perfect dimensions to achieve optimal support and contouring of the entire body.
This U-shaped pregnancy pillow is specifically designed to support your back, hips, knees, neck, and head as well as your belly – which are some of the biggest problem areas during pregnancy. That’s to their high-quality design, the PharMeDoc pillow not only relieves aches and pains throughout the night but also helps to alleviate some common pregnancy ailments such as sciatica and acid reflux. This allows users to get the best night’s rest possible.
The PharMeDoc pillow is unique in the fact that it’s designed to replace of to 5 regular pillows. Unlike most other options on the market, it also features a detachable extension. This extension can be easily removed from or attached to the main pillow to offer additional enveloping support or serve as a separate body pillow alone, allowing you to somewhat customize the pillow to your individual needs.
- The PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow is encased in a zipper-removable cotton cover that’s completely machine washable, dryer safe, and hypoallergenic
- The PharMeDoc company offers a lifetime manufacturer warranty as well as a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- The pillow is free of phthalates, lead, latex, and BPA
- The area where the extension attached to the main body of the pillow does not have a lot of stuffing, creating a great place to comfortably rest your arm
- You can position the PhatMeDoc pillow around you in multiple different ways for optimal comfort in bed, on the couch, or even in the floor
- Some users have complained that the stuffing inside the pillow tends to get lumpy and uncomfortable
- Some users have noted that the pillow isn’t actually as long as advertised, stopping short of their knees which is necessary for optimal comfort
- One customer noticed that she had a mild reaction to the pillow
The PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow is pretty fairly priced at $39.90.
We think that the PharMeDoc is certainly a fantastic option when searching for the best pregnancy pillow. It features a unique detachable side that allows you to adjust the pillow to meet your specific pregnancy, offers all-over body support, and helps to alleviate additional pregnancy symptoms.
PharMeDoc C-Shaped Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
Like PharMeDoc’s U-shaped pillow, the PharMeDoc C-Shaped Pillow is also designed to eliminate the need for multiple different pillows and allows users to sleep and lounge comfortably with just one pillow – which is one of the many reasons we think it’s a great contender for the best pregnancy pillow!
The pillow is filled with high-grade, adjustable polyfill material that quickly adapts to your body’s pressure and position. This allows you to use the pillow, not just for sleep, but to increase comfort and support while sitting up, reading, or watching TV – in fact, it’s even great for nursing after the baby arrives!
The PharMeDoc C-Shaped Pillow gently and evenly supports problem areas such as the hips, legs, back, and belly to reduce strain and tension throughout the night – allowing users to sleep comfortably and get a full night’s rest by alleviating many of their pregnancy discomforts. Each of their pregnancy pillows is also wrapped in a super-soft jersey knit cover that adds an extra layer of plush comfort against the body.
- The included jersey knit cover is zipper-removable, washer and dryer safe, and hypoallergenic for sensitive pregnancy skin
- Each pregnancy pillow features double-stitch seams to ensure that it’s super-durable
- Your purchase is protected by a lifetime manufacturer warranty as well as a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- This pillow is filled with adaptable materials, allowing is to transition with you through different positions or even after the baby is born
- Some users have noted that the cover’s zipper mechanism broke quickly
- The removable cover can be difficult to get on and off the pillow
- A few customers have noted that the actual pillow itself has ripped inside of the cover, causing stuffing to become dislodged and uncomfortable
For the high-quality you’ll be receiving as well as the versatility and super-soft feel, the PharMeDoc C-shaped pregnancy pillow is fairly average priced at $39.95.
If you’re searching for the best pregnancy pillow that will almost completely envelop your body, then the PharMeDoc C-shaped pillow is a fantastic option for you. The C-shaped design allows for complete and all-over body support and the jersey knit cover is gentle and soft on sensitive pregnancy skin.
Queen Rose U-Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
Up next in our guide to the best pregnancy pillow is the Queen Rose U-Shaped Pillow. The Queen Rose company fills their pillow with a unique Bionic Polyethylene filling that’s guaranteed to never smell and retain fluffiness better than other common materials. This allows the Queen Anne pillow to provide optimal comfort and gentle support for side sleepers with extra large tummies.
Like most pregnancy pillows on the market, the Queen Rose U-shaped pillow is adjustable and allows you to position the pillow around yourself in various positions. So, you can relax with optimal comfort and support while you’re reading, watching TV, sitting up in bed, or even nursing after your pregnancy. The pillow has been specifically designed to relieve common pregnancy discomforts such as back pain, leg pain and numbness, and sciatica.
- The Queen Rose company offers a 90-day refund or exchange period with a satisfaction guarantee
- The Queen Rose pillow features a zipper-removable cover that’s machine washable and dryer safe
- The included cover is made with high-quality, hypoallergenic cotton that’s safe for sensitive pregnancy skin
- Queen Rose promises that users won’t experience any off-gassing odors which can be especially unpleasant for pregnant women
- Some users have complained that the pillow sleeps a bit warm – which can be a pretty big annoyance during pregnancy
- A few reviewers have complained that the stuffing goes flat fairly quickly and lessens the support offered by the pillow
- Some customers have noted that the pillow is really too large for the bed and is difficult to get out of
The Queen Rose pregnancy pillow comes in at $55.59. Which is a bit higher than other options we’ve featured in our guide to the best pregnancy pillow. But, considering the amenities and comfort that pillow has to offer, it’s still not a terrible price.
If you’re looking for the best pregnancy pillow that’s pretty straightforward and simply promises a better night’s rest, then Queen Rose may be the best option for you. The pillow is designed to increase your comfort and gently support your body through your pregnancy. But, it is on the bulky side and a few users have complained that it doesn’t retain fluffiness as well as its advertised.
Meiz U-Shaped Pregnancy Body Pillow
In this section of our guide to the best pregnancy pillow, we’ll be taking a look at the Meiz U-Shaped Pillow. Each Meiz pregnancy pillow is stuffed with premium 7D hollow fiber filling that’s designed to be extra soft and fluffy, completely adjustable, and totally scent-free – so it’s extra-easy on those pregnancy noses.
The Meiz pillow is specifically designed to be completely compatible with any sleeping position, so no matter how you lay you’ll always be comfortable and supported. Each pillow follows and conforms to the body’s natural shape, relieving common pregnancy ailments and discomforts such as sciatica, leg swelling, and back pain. But, in addition to the support under the hips, legs, back, and belly and the relief of swelling and pain, the Meiz pillow also works to combat other pregnancy issues by reducing pressure on the liver and helps combat and prevent hypertension disorder.
Like most pregnancy pillows, the Meiz is designed to adjust to varying positions and allows for multi-purpose use. You can adjust the pillow for optimal comfort while sitting up, reading, watching TV, or even nursing. The pillow also features a super-soft, ultra-plush velvet cover that’s hypoallergenic for sensitive skin and allergies.
- The included velvet cover is zipper-removable and machine washable and dryer safe
- The included cover also features a double zipper for extra-easy removal
- The Meiz pillow is specifically designed to promote proper alignment for less tossing and turning through the night
- The Meiz company offer a 30-day return period and a satisfaction guarantee
- The Meiz pregnancy pillow is available in two different sizes and three different colors
- Some reviewers have complained that the pillow lacks adequate support
- A few customers have noted that the overall pillow is comfortable but the head area is a bit lacking
- Several users have noted that while the velvet cover is super-soft and plush, it is also very hot through the night
- The pillow is quite large and takes up quite a bit of room even in a queen size bed
The price of the Meiz pregnancy pillow varies based on the options they have available. The 55” pillow is available in blue for $51.09, grey for $55.19, and blue & pink for $51.79. the 65” option is only available in light grey for $61.09.
If you’re searching for the best pregnancy pillow that’s super-soft to the touch while remaining comfortable and gently supportive, then the Meiz may be the perfect choice for you. The pillow is designed with premium filling that offers continuous comfort and support. But, it’s worth noting that the cover can be very hot and the pillow is very large for sleeping with a partner.
Leacho Snoogle Total Body Pregnancy Pillow
Up next in our search for the best pregnancy pillow is the Leacho Snoogle Pillow. The Leacho Snoogle is designed to eliminate the need for multiple pillows and allows users to achieve optimal comfort, gentle support, and complete relaxation out of one product.
This pillow is specifically constructed to follow the natural shape and curve of the body to promote proper alignment for less tossing and turning through the night. The unique shape of the pillow allows for support between the knees, under the head, against the back, and under the tummy to help alleviate common pregnancy discomforts such as back pain, stuffy nose, and sciatica. The design of the Leacho Snoogle was actually patented by a registered nurse and mom, guaranteeing that you’re getting all of the comfort and support that you expect and need throughout your pregnancy.
- The Leacho Snoogle features a removable cover that’s washer and dryer safe
- The Snoogle pregnancy pillow allows for comfort and support without retaining body heat
- The pillow features long sides that make it comfortable and compatible for mommies of a taller height
- Each Leacho Snoogle pillow is proudly made in the USA
- Several customers have reported that the inner pillow and the cover rip apart very easily
- Users note that the cover is extremely difficult if not impossible to get back on after removing it to wash
- A few consumers feel that the pillow is far too firm, some have even reported that it causes ear pain when lying on the pillow because the surface is too hard
The Leacho Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow is available in Ivory for $55.59, Grey for $64.99, and Sage for $67.46.
The Leacho Snoogle is a pretty straightforward approach to comfort and support during pregnancy – which is why we added it to our guide to the best pregnancy pillow. The C-shape allows for all-over body enveloping and promises to offer support and comfort through those difficult nights. However, it really is worth noting that the pillow does not seem durable and the cover is very difficult to maneuver.
Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow
Up next in our guide to the best pregnancy pillow is a bit of a unique option. The Cozy Bump Pillow is quite different than the other options we’ve covered here. This pregnancy pillow is a blow-up option that features an adjustable bump hole that allows you to (finally!) lie on your belly during your pregnancy.
After inflating the Cozy Bump pillow, one side features a smaller hole to gently support your belly through the first part of your pregnancy while the flip side features a larger hole that accommodates your growing tummy perfectly.
By allowing you to lie on your stomach and featuring a patented decline under the legs, the Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow lets gravity work its magic and decompresses your spine in a way that no other pregnancy pillow can. In fact, this pillow is actually backed by ob/gyn’s as well as chiropractors and has won awards from Baby Maternity Magazine, Mom’s Choice, and the New York Baby Show. Plus, you can even use it in the pool!
- The Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow comes with a convenient carry back so you can take your comfort with you anywhere you go
- The Cozy Bump Pillow comes with a complimentary swaddle that’s soft and stylish to lie over the bump hole
- The pillow is available in both blue and pink
- The surface of the pillow features a soft, plush feel that’s gentle on the skin
- The pump to inflate the pillow is not included and must be purchased separately
- The top portion of the pillow is a bit short and won’t offer head support for moms that have a longer torso
- It’s not really compatible for use in bed, especially if you sleep with a partner, as the pillow is quite large and bulky
Considering all of the amenities you’ll get from the Cozy Bump Pillow (plus, you’ll finally be able to lie on your tummy!) we think the price is pretty fair, coming in at $54.99.
If you’re looking for the best pregnancy pillow that will greatly reduce some strain and tension on your back, but you don’t necessarily need it for your bed through the night, then the Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow is the best option for you. The adjustable bump hole allows you to decompress on your tummy in a way that no other pillow offers to reduce pain and tension – which may make for a better night’s sleep in the end!
Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge
Last up in our guide to the best pregnancy pillow is the Hiccapop Pillow Wedge. Like the Cozy Bump Pillow above, this option is a bit different than the others we’ve covered in this guide. Where the other pillows featured above have been full body pillows, Hiccapop has taken a more minimalistic approach to their product.
During pregnancy, especially in late pregnancy, one of the biggest troubles through the night is the weight of your growing tummy. You can’t lie on your back because you can’t breathe and you obviously can’t lie on your stomach comfortably! So, the only option left is side-sleeping. But, your belly is much bigger these days and oftentimes the weight of your new midsection will put strain and tension on your lower back which makes for an uncomfortable and restless night.
Conventional head pillows can help, but they often lack the proper support and you still end up adjusting through the night and not getting a peaceful night’s rest. Hiccapop has combated this issue with their pregnancy pillow wedge that’s designed to fit perfectly under your ever-growing bump.
The Hiccapop wedge pillow is constructed of high-quality memory foam with a soft and firm side so you can adjust to your specific needs. Using the Hiccapop wedge pillow can reduce pain, swelling, nerve pain, and leg numbness.
- Hiccapop’s Certi-PUR US Certified foam is aerated for adequate ventilation and less heat retention than other options
- The pillow comes with its own carrying case and is compact enough to take with you anywhere you go
- The Hiccapop pillow features a super-soft velour cover that’s gentle on sensitive pregnancy skin
- The included velour cover is removable and washable
- The Hiccapop pillow does not offer full-body envelopment and only supports the tummy
- Some users report that it didn’t offer great support during the first part of their pregnancy
- The zipper placement for the removable cover is in an inconvenient spot that tends to irritate the belly
The Hiccapop pregnancy pillow comes in at a pretty budget-friendly price of $22.92.
If you’re looking for the best pregnancy pillow that’s compact and offers optimal support under your ever-growing belly, then the Hiccapop is your pillow. For such a small product, it truly can greatly improve the quality of your sleep during pregnancy and keeps your tummy well supported with high-quality memory foam.
What To Look For When Shopping For The Best Pregnancy Pillows
- Keep your height in mind and shop for your pillow accordingly – the biggest of some pregnancy pillows is their ability to serve the purpose as multiple pillows. This includes covering your back, head, neck, stomach, and between your knees. If the pillow isn’t long enough for your height then it won’t perform correctly.
- Skim the review section to make sure that the pillow you’re considering offers adequate support – good support is your best friend during pregnancy. You’re carrying additional weight and your body is under strain because of it. You will sleep so much better if your pillow offers enough support to allow your body to relax completely.
- Look for pillows with a cover that’s gentle on the skin – pregnancy tends to make everything a little weird. Though you may not suffer from allergies or sensitives usually, your skin during pregnancy is far more sensitive and allergies are much more likely to occur. Make sure that your pillow’s cover is soft and gentle to avoid tossing and turning from itching and skin discomfort.
So, What’s The Best Pregnancy Pillow Of Them All?
We think that all of the pillows we’ve covered here are truly fantastic options – otherwise, we wouldn’t have included them in our guide to the best pregnancy pillow! But, we like to choose an overall winner in the end and ultimately the PharMeDoc C-Shaped Pillow takes home the cake for us.
This pillow offers complete and total, all-over body enveloping to promote relaxation and relieve stress, strain, and tension on your tired muscles and joints. The cover is a super-soft, gentle jersey knit that’s guaranteed to keep your pregnancy skin calm throughout the night. The stitching is super durable and the pillow can easily transition with you through all stages of your pregnancy and even after birth.
We think this pillow will give you the pregnancy sleep you truly deserve!